Shape your future! The United States Census relies on your contribution to determine community resources and representation for legislative districts. Local libraries, fire departments, hospitals, and other community services rely on census data to continue receiving funding from the federal government.
Participation in the U.S. Census is required by law. It counts every person living in the United States and five U.S. territories. You can respond online, by phone, or by mail.
Information About the 2020 Census
- What is the 2020 Census?
- Who is required to respond?
- How can I respond to the 2020 Census?
- What questions are asked on the form?
- Who do I count on the form?
Why the 2020 Census is Important
Census Safety and Security
- How the Census Bureau Protects Your Data
- Avoiding Fraud and Scams
- Census Bureau Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)