Dear Nantucket Community,
The Nantucket Atheneum is now welcoming patrons back to the library! We are excited to announce our new public hours for the main library.
- Monday 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday 9:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Friday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday 9:30AM – 4:00 PM
To keep our members and staff safe, all visitors to the library must observe the following guidelines:
- Masks must be worn over nose and mouth at all times.
- Purell dispensers are placed at the entrance and throughout the building for your use.
- Visitors must maintain physical distance and the number of people in the building is limited in accordance with library guidelines.
- Patrons are not allowed behind the staff desks.
- We are not allowing our furry four legged patrons in the building at this time.
- If you feel unwell, are experiencing any cold-like symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days, you cannot enter the building.
- The library has installed bipolar ionization technology in its HVAC system to neutralize viruses, bacteria, mold and other particulates from the air as it circulates through the system.
How does this work?
Patrons can now visit the library to browse, check-out materials, and use a computers.
Can I sit and read or study?
Yes, limited seating is now available to read, study, or use the public Wi-Fi. We ask that you be mindful of staff and other patrons’ space.
What safety measures are in place?
We are taking the safety of everyone in the building very seriously. Masks are required. We will be routinely cleaning high-touch surfaces and the library has installed bipolar ionization technology in its HVAC system to neutralize viruses, bacteria, mold and other particulates from the air as it circulates through the system.
I still have questions!
We’re happy to help! Please email email@example.com for assistance or call 508-228-1110 (x101)
- Our Wi-Fi signal will be “ON” in the garden providing internet access for people with smartphones, tablets or their own laptops.
- You can return books in the book drop at the main entrance. DVDs and CDs can be returned in the DVD drop next to the elevator entrance.
- Reminder: We are no longer taking book donations.
How To Order Online
- Search the catalog and request materials
- Learn how to access the library from home
- Click here to reset your PIN
If you are not able to order online, please call (508-228-1110 x101) to reserve materials.
We promise to keep you posted as updates to our services and procedures are available. Watch our website for more information about hours and our policies as times goes on.