You need a library card to check out materials or access any of the 34 CLAMS member libraries . Valid for three years, adult library cards are free to Nantucket residents, Massachusetts residents and seasonal property owners.
Out-of-state residents who are not local property owners pay a $25 fee, valid for one year. The replacement fee for any valid card is $1. Children under the age of 13 must have their application signed by a parent or guardian.
- Please bring a photo I.D. and/or proof of residency when applying for a card.
- Please have your library card or photo I.D. with you in order to check out books and other items.
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
To use the My Account or Login features on our website, you must have a library card from a CLAMS member library and a PIN. The PIN is often set when you receive the library card.
If you do not have a PIN:
- Try the last four digits of the barcode on your library card.
- Visit the Atheneum and request one.
- The first time you log in to My Account, leave the PIN field blank after entering your name and library card number. You will be prompted to create one after you click the Submit button.
Your PIN should be between three and 30 characters, and can be any combination of letters and numbers.