You need a library card to check out materials, access any of the 36 CLAMS member libraries or any of the Atheneum’s web-based services.
A Nantucket Atheneum library card is:
- Free of charge for everyone.
- Valid for three years for Nantucket property owners, Massachusetts and Nantucket residents.
- Valid for one year for visitors.
With an Atheneum library card you can:
- Take out books, films, music and audiobook media and back issues of magazines.
- Download ebooks and ezines from the Atheneum website
- Stream movies, TV shows and music from the Atheneum website.
- Learn a new language using the Mango service on our website.
- Improve your technology skills using the Lynda.com video tutorials.
The replacement fee for any valid card is $1. Children under the age of 13 must have their application signed by a parent or guardian.
- Please bring a photo I.D. when applying for a card.
- Please have your library card or photo I.D. with you in order to check out books and other items.
Start the Process Online
If you have never had a Nantucket Atheneum library card, you can get a 30 day CLAMS eCard and then visit the Atheneum to complete your application.
Your eCardÂ allows you to:
- Login to My Account and establish a PIN (Password).
- Use State-provided online research databases (within Massachusetts only).
- Place up to 5 requests on print Books, DVDs, CDs, etc. in the CLAMS Catalog. Digital Downloads are not included.
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
To use the My Account or Login features on our website, you must have a library card from a CLAMS member library and a PIN. The PIN is often set when you receive the library card.
If you do not have a PIN:
- Try the last four digits of the barcode on your library card.
- Visit the Atheneum and request one.
- The first time you log in to My Account, leave the PIN field blank after entering your name and library card number. You will be prompted to create one after you click the Submit button.
Your PIN should be between three and 30 characters, and can be any combination of letters and numbers.