The Nantucket Atheneum seeks a part-time Development Assistant for the Development Department.¬† The Development Assistant is responsible for helping to advance the library‚Äôs fundraising efforts by advance the library‚Äôs fundraising efforts by maintaining the fundraising database which includes data entry, analysis and report running as well as assisting with direct mail campaigns, event planning and volunteer management.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in concert with Director of Development and other Development Office employees to establish and implement the annual direct mail campaign
- Maintain fundraising database and all necessary reports¬† related to the annual giving campaign
- Assist with gift processing and acknowledge letters as needed
- Assist in prospect research
- Assist in the logistics and¬† implementation of sponsor events
- Attend all programs and events
- Produce, edit, and publish daily content that builds community and reinforces Atheneum support across multi social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Collaborates with other departments to generate informative content useful to library patrons.
- Monitor user-generated content
¬†Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills including, but not limited to, Excel, Word and Raisers Edge
- Strong comfort level navigating and managing development database (Raiser‚Äôs Edge)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consistent punctuality and dependability.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrate flexibility as priorities and deadlines shift, juggle multiple assignments and ability to work in and contribute to culture of teamwork and cooperation
¬†Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree preferred
- Development experience preferred
To apply, please email resume and letter of interest to Maggie O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org